Tuesday 24 May 2011

AN INVITATION


Hi All

Following my previous post of the Wedding Post box, today I thought I'd share the invitations that I've made with you.   I started with some Diamond White cardstock wallets with pockets inside.  I made some labels for the front with the bride and grooms name and some diamante embellishments to the side.  I mounted this on some of the patterned cardstock and attached to the front of the outside tab.  I wrapped mauve ribbon around the tab and tied into a bow.  These are the colours that are used through all the stationery.


Inside on the left hand side is the actual invitation which is mounted on the patterned paper again and then mounted again on to some pearlised mauve cardstock which matches the ribbon.  I designed a logo for the happy couple using their initials as the background in a silvery grey colour in a large italic font with their full names in matching mauve colour in normal but smaller size font layered on top on my PC. Under the logo I have added a further three diamantes.  The logo I have used on everything I've made to tie everything together. 

Inside the pocket on the right I have inserted a wedding list which is on a single sheet of cardstock, a Guest Information booklet which contains a map and directions, local accommodation, taxi companies etc and on top of this in a smaller size single card sheet for the RSVP with envelope.

The Invitation and the RSVP have been printed with each guests names on them for a personal touch and both their names and those of the bride and groom are in mauve to make them stand out.


I have made 122 of these and a further 95 evening invitations.  All have gone out in the post and I am working on the Order of Service now.

Will share more once I have something ready to show you.

Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment